Sunday, March 31, 2013

6

For my final post, I will be showing you the culmination of my project.  This is what it has all been leading up to, my ability to give someone a full manicure.  This includes; cuticles, filing, buffing, and painting.  I gave two full manicures to two different people and it was a lot of work, but it turned out pretty well!! I was actually really surprised at the fact that I could do these things! Here are some photographs:










For the first girl, I gave her an ombre nail using the same technique as I used in the first complicated manicure I ever tried during this project.  I also had to push back her cuticles, and file and buff her nails.  I think I painted her nails really evenly and it looked really good when I was finished.  Also, her cuticles were unbelievably long, but I think I pushed them back well and only hurt her a little! For the second girl, I did one hand with the flower design I used previously and one hand with the water marble design (that's what she asked for).  I think I was tired at this point because I was messing up more, but they still turned out really well.  In the end, however, I really do enjoy painting nails and I think that this project helped me shape the skills  that I am going to need in my future nail endeavors! 

3 comments:

  1. These look awesome Cara! I' personally find painting nails really frustrating and they always end as a disaster, and that's with one color...

    Anyway this is really impressive so great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA DUDE you've made so much progress!! Your passion really shines through the product (I know it sounds corny but bear it's true). The flowers look really impressive, like the ones they give at actual nail salons. PS you're gonna have to teach me how to do the marble nails. I've tried before but it always looks like the rainbow threw up on my fingernails. Keep up the good work homie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cara those nails look gorgeous! I especiialy love the ones in the fifth photo,the one with the flowers. How long did they take you? Every time I paint my nails (which is not often)my left hand turns out ok but my right hand looks terrible. Plus, never in a million years could I have the skill to do the marble nails...

    ReplyDelete